There is an undeniable elegance that comes with a thoughtfully simple wedding dress; one that works only to complement and highlight a bride’s natural beauty. The team at Lost In Love Photography sat down to select some of our top fave simple wedding dresses and here are the results.
This breathtaking dress designed by Steven Kahlil and worn by Steffanie pairs a simple silhouette with the intricacy of the embroidery to create a subtle yet stunning texture. The low back elegantly creates natural curves and flows seamlessly into the flowering designs that then expand into the train. A satin belt has been beautifully crafted to hug the waistline.
2. Crafted by Helen Manuel and worn with the effortless beauty of Di, this dress features a plunging neckline that sits in stunning contrast with the delicate flower applique detail. The tulle skirt is perfectly complemented by the simple single layer veil, giving the dress gentle volume and texture. The sheer side panels are both elegant and alluring.
3. Here, Chev wears a beautifully simple silk wedding dress designed by Michael Losordo. The silk falls in a gorgeous natural silhouette which is counterbalanced by the structure of the delicate cross over straps and plunging neckline. The simplicity is further elevated by the Vionnet inspired bias cut silk panels that drape softly and accentuate the figure.
4. Ally looked absolutely incredible in a modern wedding dress designed by One Day Bridal. The high neckline complements the enveloping folds of the skirt base, creating a sense of elegance and length. The personalised open back and side panels introduce a gentle and curved intricacy to balance the striking geometry of the gown’s silhouette.
5. This simple dress worn by Van and crafted by Jason Grech creates a striking yet romantic atmosphere simply through the use of dramatic silhouettes. The voluminous folds of the Peau de Sole skirt become a feature point when paired with the beautifully minimalist bodice. The oversized bow at the back of the waistline accentuates the dramatic figure and adds structure.
6. Melinda’s gown employs a simple silhouette that draws attention to the fully sequinned fabric that falls in thick and graceful folds. Designed by Mariana Hardwick, this dress features an elegant split that parts to reveals her nude Valentinos. The sculpted plunge of the neckline works with the splits down the sides to create natural contours.
7. The breathtaking intricacy of the fabric’s detail is the focal point in this gown designed by Pallas Couture and worn by Georgia. The simple fluted skirt and slimline bodice create a natural and flowing silhouette that complements the stunning complexity of the material. The scooping low back adds a really beautiful structural detail.
8. Designed by Silvana Tedesco, Haylee’s wedding dress is simple yet luxuriously elegant, with a hint of sexy. The fluid, figure hugging silk is paired with a high, structured neckline with beautifully crafted pearl detailing. The lower back cut out provides a structural detail that balances the high collar sculpted in a mandarin style.
9. Georgia wears a simple wedding dress by Toni Matecevski. The bold structural folds and sweeping pleats create drama through the use of a simple yet weighted, matte fabric. The front is tastefully cropped, revealing her heels because let’s face it; if you’re ever going to splurge on those Jimmy Choo’s it will be on your wedding day!
10. This final simple wedding dress, a vision by Anna Campbell and worn by Melody features a sweet heart shaped bodice that is effortless and classic. It is paired with a sheer full skirt, thoughtfully hemmed with horse hair to create a fluted silhouette. Detail is created through the way the flowing skirt contrasts beautifully with the sculpted structure of the bodice.